Wednesday 25 January 2012

Shankar Tucker

I love talent and this kid is very talented.  Shankar Tucker is an American who was named Shankar because of a hindu guru that his parents follow.  He was tricked into playing the clarinet by his grandfather and soon came to love it.  He went to India and adopted his clarinet to Hindustani music under a flute master named Hariprasad Chaurasia in Mumbai.  Now he is slowly gaining fame with his youtube channel The Shrutibox.  The music here is amazing and when I first came across it I listened to "O re Piya" and couldn't figure out who Shankar Tucker was, but when i saw the subsequent videos I figured out it was the clarinetist and I had to look him up.  He plays with such feeling.  I love it!  You can tell he loves it and I end up loving it because of all the passion that was put into each adaptation or original songs.

I will definitely be paying attention to him from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers