Wednesday 9 November 2011

Friendship

I really like this article: http://persephonemagazine.com/2011/11/fing-female-friendships-how-do-they-work/#more-47762

I don't really have one best friend.  I just have good friends.  I am the one in the article that has friends that I have different interests with.  I have a friend that I sit and watch girly things with and who understands me the best, one with whom I can be chill and not worry about anything, one with whom I can be wild and crazy, one with whom I can have interesting conversations, one with whom I take holidays on a whim, one whom I rarely see, but with whom I can be completely honest and she will be the same with me, one with whom I can be crafty and one with whom I am a blood sister and who has known me my whole life.

I guess my sister is the only person I would really give the "best friend" title to if I had to give it to anyone.

I hate to be around people who expect me to act a certain way or point blank expect anything from me.  I am who I am.  I am not planning on changing.  I have my own expectations.  I don't need anyone else's to add on to that.  My friends understand that work and school are for expectations.  The rest of our lives are for living and not caring about how others feel (apart from your family and significant others of course).

My only expectation of my friends is for them to not have expectations from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers