Friday 30 December 2011

2011 is a year of eating yummy!: The Hybrid Cha Year Ender

Two thousand eleven. Is over. Soon.

Heck, I think I watched waaaaayy too many cooking shows this year! It seems that I had too much of it, my whole year basically revolved around MasterChef, Hell's Kitchen, Iron Chef America, Chuck Hughes (well he's a crush), Tyler Florence, Ina Garten, Giada de Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, Rachael Ray, Adrian Richardson, Bill Granger, Ben O'Donoghue... yes, all those celebrity chefs! And this list is almost endless! Like love, endless love!

With this said, absolutely, what follows is that, I would be inspired to practice (and practice...and practice) cooking and... yup! post my finished products here on my blog (applause!).

Cooks however, have good days and bad days. Bad days? I had heaps of 'em. Like this. This... This one too... and this as well! 

Of the 100+ (yeah, a hundred plus! Damn!) recipes filed under "Cooking Assignment", a bulk of it from 2011, for sure, I have missed out on a couple more "bad days". But hey! I did cook some wonderful food this year! It was still a yummy year after all! 

Since 2011 was a blessing to me and my family, I am sharing with you 11 recipes that I handpicked to be (re)featured here. I hope you try them as well! My dish are simple, straightforward and yummy. Enjoy!!!





1. My Bangus Sisig -- who can ever, ever go wrong with this classic Filipino dish? What makes me proud of it is that I tried it for the first time and boy was it sooooooo good! My recipe could be dry and crispy (like what my colleagues want) but I suggest to try the "wet" version (with mayonnaise and gizzard). Up to now, the idea of cooking this wonderful dish again makes me uber giddy.  


2. Chicken balls in a Thai stir fry -- sweet, salty and spicy anyone? If you are like me, hundred percent you are a fan of some amazing Thai flavors. By getting a little inspiration, I was able to whip up a dish that entices the Thai woman in me. Lovely! (and did I say it was really fragrant when I was cooking it?)



3. Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce and fresh green salad -- I love peanut sauce. It's one of the sauces I really tried learning since I know no one at home is interested at learning this. I love chicken satay too because it's a curry based dish and yeah, it's chicke3 en. My love for green salad is likewise huge. I love the crunch of iceberg lettuce, the succulent cucumber, the freshness of tomato and the edge a dressing brings to everything. To combine everything in one plate is just love. 


4. The Healthy Pasta (Pasta in Coconut Milk) -- another celebrity chef inspired dish, it's a twist to the traditional pasta that you either load with tomato sauce, ground beef, cream, pesto, olive oil and cheese. It has a super Asian flair to it -- definitely, a must try! 


5. My Potato Salad -- let me borrow SMART's former tagline: SIMPLY AMAZING. #nuffsaid


6. Tuna Inasal Rice -- Gosh! A dish I got from... a fashionista! Another inspiration! Bam! This is one of the most precious times that I rocked some pantry ingredients (and the meatballs were yummy too but the real star of the plate was the rice, hands down). I just love this rice meal. I am Filipino like that!


7. My Skinless Longganisa -- ahhh, the Filipino sausage. Who would thought that I made one this year?  First time and I nailed it that my parents and sister could not believe it was actually homemade??? Next time I'd do it, I will make it bigger. Yes, the bigger the better. Plus the performance, yes... bigger longganisa that performs better... on the taste buds. Oooopppsss! No pun intended *wink wink*





8. Anything TOFU -- tofu is a family fave! Hands down! Oh maybe you would like to cook your tofu with oyster sauce, or maybe with the classic tausi or maybe something with loads of spice



9. Sausage with Tainga ng Daga Pasta -- an offshoot of my boss's blockbuster three sausage pasta, this dish is really a winner for it is easy and quick to make... not to mention that it's delish! Heck, was I really surprised! Even no-cook folks will find this dish a lifesaver! (an epic pantry ingredients thingy there!)


10. Pasta Marinara with Meatballs -- an early Christmas treat! Yummy yummy yummy pasta there!



11. Beef in Thai Red Curry -- end the year with something sizzling hot! Without a doubt, the best curry dish I cooked for 2011! Oh by the way, did I tell you that I made the curry from scratch? Now that's some extra lovin'...

I guess 2012 is still going to be yummy, don't you think? As for me, I will not stop learning and learning. I will experiment and try. I will seize any opportunity to explore a pantry, kitchen, supermarket and my own taste buds. I can hardly wait...to cook and eat! Happy New Year everyone! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers