Wednesday 21 December 2011

Hybrid Cha's Cooking Assignment: Pasta Marinara with Meatballs (a prelude to Chrsitmas! #delish)

Gidday world! 

For the past few days, mom and I have been busy "planning" our Noche Buena menu. I was excited by the suggestion! And hell yeah, I'm the cook! My mom entrusts the dish to who else but me? I am stoked! But hopefully, no Christmas anxiety anymore, pretty please.

One of the requests I received from mom was pasta with red sauce. What red sauce shall I prepare then?

Surprise, surprise! Pasta marinara! And since there is a kilo of ground beef inside the fridge, I might as well put some meatballs too! YUM!

Had I known that my dad wanted the authentic "sour" taste of fresh tomato on his pasta, I would omit that "tad bit of sugar" to kill this asim. Haaayyyy...anyhow, the mom and the dad were a bit bitin -- I told them, especially dad that it's only a "sample" so I did not cook a lot. Glad to receive a go signal from them to prep this on Christmas!


Ingredients (meatballs)
ground beef
flour
egg
salt
pepper

Ingredients (marinara sauce)
tomatoes
basil
oregano
salt
pepper
tad bit of sugar

Very simple ingredients indeed, but loads of yummy-ness! Of course I will post what I just made for Noche Buena! you just wait! And hopefully in January... hmmm... I will embark on something. I hope I get that something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers