Friday 9 December 2011

Orange Chicken a la MasterChef Australia

One of the dishes I wanted to replicate since I started my MasterChef Australia addiction is Claire Winton-Burn's Fried Masterstock Chicken with Chili Caramel and Orange Salt. I had the recipe printed out and tweaked it just a bit. The result was awesome! The family loved it! And I loved it too! I nailed the masterstock and the chili caramel I guess. Awwww... Up to know, the chicken dish still lingers on my mind and I want a sequel to it!

Ingredients (masterstock)
water
soy sauce
star anise
cinnamon stick
ginger
garlic
sugar
(two) oranges (zest and segments)

Ingredients (chili caramel)
water
sugar
chili flakes
tad bit of salt

Ingredients (orange salt)
rock salt
orange rind

gosh I want this again

An easy dish that you can serve on a super fun Sunday afternoon with the family, if not on special occasions. Have a blessed day to y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers