Tuesday 13 December 2011

BBC's efforts to restore lost Doctor who episodes

If you know me I am a big fan of Doctor Who at least the new series.  I really really want to watch all of the old episodes, but most of them are lost because they reused film strips because it was expensive at the time.  Which is why I am excited about two things:

  1. They are trying to track down old recordings of the doctor who episodes and in a CNN article it mentions that they have found two recently.
  2. Old tv signals are being bounced back from deep space with TV signals from half a century ago.  These include some doctor who episodes.  Radio astronomer Dr. Venn and BBC are working to recover these signals. 

This is very exciting.  Hopefully by my lifetime we will recover all the episodes and we will be able to watch them all.  In honor of Doctor Who here are all the doctors:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers